How Your Donation Can Help
Your donation to the Rural Scholars Program will support local programming for local kids with the potential to be the first in their families to attend college. Rural Scholars are selected into the program through a competitive process and pay nothing for their participation. We depend on our local partners, Kent State University, and you to make it possible for us to offer high quality educational opportunities for this talented group of children.
The Rural Scholars Program began in the spring of 2012. In just a short time we have...
- exposed 679 elementary children in four school districts to fun, interactive financial literacy programming.
- delivered more than 200 hours of intensive applied learning experiences to local seventh, eighth, and ninth graders at multiple community locations including state parks, local places of business, manufacturing shops, and the Kent State campuses.
- funded full tuition scholarships for first-generation college students from local school districts who act as mentors to our Rural Scholars.
Your dollars return to the community by...
- funding scholarships for local first-generation college students at Kent State University.
- creating workshops that help local kids get out in the community to apply the science and math lessons they're studying in school.
- making summer intensive experiences possible for local middle schoolers, connecting them to learning opportunities in the community and on our campuses.
- building financial literacy and college knowledge programming for elementary students in local schools.
Join us in building more opportunities for kids in our community to gain the educational experiences they will need in order to be the innovators, business leaders, and community members who lead Columbiana County to a more prosperous future.
To learn more about how you can make a difference or to donate offline, please contact Matt Butts: email@example.com or call 330-672-1435. You may also want to donate to our annual fundraiser, the FlashDash 5K by sponsoring an obstacle or even entering to run yourself.
If donating online, be sure to select "Rural Scholars Program" from the drop-down menu on the donation page. Click here to donate now.