*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).
Kent State maps
Search by campus:
Bachelor of Applied Horticulture
Why Choose the Bachelor of Applied Horticulture Degree?
- Prepare for a management position or to establish a business in the green industry.
- Learn from experienced horticulture faculty in a variety of specialized teaching environments, such as a laboratory, greenhouse, arboretum and gardens.
- Gain hands-on experience with on-site instruction, fieldwork and an internship.
- Develop managerial-level expertise in landscape architecture, urban ecology, sports turf management, various areas in landscape design, plant propagation and nursery operation.
- Gain technical and professional depth, plus business management skills.
- If you have completed the Associate of Applied Science in horticulture technology, credits can transfer seamlessly into the Bachelor of Applied Horticulture degree.
Career Opportunities The Greenhouse at Kent State University at Salem
- Nurseries and greenhouses are the fastest- growing segments within agriculture in the country. (USDA, www.ers.usda.gov/publications/flo)
- Ohio is one of the top six horticulture providers in the United States with over $4 billion in sales.
- Landscape contractors employ 12,000 to 15,000 people every year in Ohio alone.
- Urban forestry is one of the top five horticulture markets in the country.