News & Events for October 2001
October 29, 2001
Phi Alpha Fund Raising Event
Phi Alpha Delti Xi Chapter is having a fund raiser on the 17th of November to aid victims of the September 11th tragedy. We are going to sponsor multiple car washes that morning in Davie and Boca. We are now scouting locations and will have that info to you as quickly as we know.
Please mark the day on your calendar - it's a Saturday - and plan to give a couple of hours of your time (bring the kids, husband, boyfriend, wife, girlfriend, etc.) . I'm certain we will all have a great time. For more information contact Melinda , President at (***) ***-****.
October 31, 2001
Child Welfare Partnership Program
The Child Welfare Partnership Program is an exciting partnership between the Florida Atlantic University School of Social Work and Florida's Department of Children and Families, designed to help prepare BSW and MSW students for a career in public child welfare. Those students admitted to the partnership program will be provided educational stipends. Participants will be expected to participate in a range of focused educational experiences and take positions with DCF agencies upon graduation.
Participants will engage in the following courses and activities:
- SOW 4650/6930 Child Welfare
- SOW 4654/6653 Social Work Practice with Vulnerable Children
- Field Internship in a designated DCF Agency
- Take a Position with DCF upon Graduation
Participants will receive the following benefits:
- Develop advocacy and other intervention skills for work with abused or neglected children and their families
- Learn about child development and resilience in families that have experienced domestic violence and substance abuse
- Develop assessment skills to understand child safety and family needs
- Learn about innovated child welfare services
- Receive stipend for two semesters in the BSW Program (Full-time $6,000) or the MSW Program (Full-time $8,000).
- Become fully prepared to handle DCF child welfare position
- Earn eligibility for a IV-E Position with DCF upon Graduation
Contact Pat Rowland at the School of Social Work: (561)297-3234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All Pages maintained by College Webmaster