Curriculum Changes1. The junior and senior level Health Information Administration classes for the B.S. degree have been approved. The degree is still awaiting approval from SACS.
2. The following PHED courses were deleted: PHED 1007 - Flag Football, PHED 1033 - Handball & Racquetball, PHED 1035 - Snow Skiing, PHED 1037 - Snowboarding, PHED 1071 English Riding, PHED 1075 - Fitness Biking, PHED 1085 Rock Climbing, and PHED 1090 - Ice Skating.
3. The course description of PHED 2006 – First Aid, Safety and CPR was changed to reflect changes in the course to correspond with the guidelines for The National Safety Council and the American Heart Association.
4. The course description of COMM 2300 – Business and Professional Communication was changed in order to better reflect the emphasis on the use of effective communication in business presentations and related topics such as interviewing, managing business meetings and conflict management.
5. The course description of COMM 1100 – Human Communication was changed to remove the word “oral” and “skills” to better reflect the course content.
6. The following LIST courses were deleted: LIST 2003 – School Libraries/Media Centers, LIST 2014 – Information Services in Special Libraries, and LIST 2020 – Materials for Children and Youth.
7. The pre and co-requisites for ENGR 2605 – Statics were changed. The courses remain the same, but now a grade of “C” or better is required.
8. The prerequisites for ENGR 2606 – Dynamics were changed. The courses remain the same, but now a grade of “C” or better is required.
9. The pre and co-requisites for ENGR 2040 - Electric Circuit Analysis were changed. The courses remain the same, but now a grade of “C” or better is required.
10. The course description of CSCI 1302 – Principles of Computer Science II was changed to better reflect the focus state-wide to object-oriented programming techniques and to update the terminology.
11. The prerequisite for PSYC 2210 – Careers and Professional Issues in Psychology was changed. Now, PSYC 1101 can also be a co-requisite to the course.
12. BIOL 1612 and lab were dropped as prerequisites for PHED 2100 – Personal Trainer I.
Changes to Program Advisement Forms1. ENGL 2601/JOUR 2601 – Features Writing was added as an elective in Area F for the English program starting Fall 2013.
2. MATH 2432 was moved from the electives area in Area F in Physics to the list of required courses starting Fall 2013. This is not a change. MATH 2432 has always been a required course in Physics. This change just clarifies that requirement.
3. LIST 2003, LIST 2014, and LIST 2020 were removed as electives from the AAS and certificate in LIST starting Fall 2013.
4. The following courses were added as electives to Area F in Psychology starting Fall 2013: ANTH 2010 – Introduction to Biological Anthropology, ANTH 2020 – Introduction to Cultural Anthropology, BIOL 1611 – Human Anatomy and Physiology I, BIOL 1611L – Human Anatomy and Physiology I Lab, BIOL 1612 – Human Anatomy and Physiology II, and BIOL 1612L – Human Anatomy and Physiology II Lab. The foreign language elective that had been 6 hours was changed to 3-6 hours. Therefore, students can get credit for one foreign language course. They do not have to take two.