Curriculum Changes1. Fall 2014, the course description and Common Course Outline for PHED 2022 – Personal and Community Health will change.
2. Fall 2014, the course description and Common Course Outline for PHED 2670 – Introduction to Physical Education will change. The course description has been altered to better reflect all the topics which are currently touched on in the course.
3. Spring 2014, the prerequisites for PHED 2102 – Personal Trainer I will change. BIOL 1611 and lab are no longer prerequisites. In the spring, the course will have no prerequisites. As a part of the program in Personal Training, students will still have to complete BIOL 1611/lab and BIOL 1612/lab, but the prerequisites for PHED 2102 have been removed.
4. Fall 2014, there will be a new Honors course – PHIL 2020H – Logic and Critical Thinking.
5. Fall 2014, the number of DHYG 1929 – Dental Pharmacology and Anesthesiology will change to 2923. The course will now be offered the fall of the second year in the program instead of in the spring of the first year.
6. Fall 2014, the number of MATH 1431 – Introduction to Statistics will change to 1070.
7. Fall 2014, there will be a new Honors course and lab – ENVS 1401H and ENVS 1401R – Environment Science and lab.
8. Fall 2014, all EDUC courses (2110, 2120, and 2130) will have a co-requisite field experience course (2110F, 2120F, and 2130F, respectively) that students must take while taking the EDUC courses. These courses will be zero credit hours and will enable the college to track students' field experience requirements.
9. Summer 2014, a new program of study in Health Sciences with a Concentration in Health Sciences Professions has been created. Students who may wish to go into nursing or dental hygiene can follow this program before they are admitted to the nursing or dental hygiene programs.
10. HEDS 1011 has been officially deleted.
11. The requirements for the Honors diploma have been changed. The major change is that student now only need 24 hours in honors courses instead of 30.
12. The Area F requirements for Health Sciences with a Concentration in Medical Technology have changed. BIOL 1611 is no longer required. Instead, students will take BIOL 1612. Students will need to see someone in the science department to get into BIOL 1612 without first taking taking 1611.
13. SOCW 2000 has been added to the Sociology program as an elective in Area F.
14. A new PHED course in Karate/Self-defense (PHED 1020) has been created.
15. The LIST programs are being deleted.
Changes to Program Advisement Forms1. Fall 2014, ATEC 1201 will no longer be a requirement in the Sign Language Interpreting program for an AAS degree.
2. Fall 2014, a grade of "C" or better will be stipulated on all Area A courses (ENGL 1101, ENGL 1102, and math) on all career program advisement forms that require Area A courses.
3. Fall 2014, the new field experience courses will be added to the Education programs of study.
4. Fall 2014, the AS in Art is being deleted. The studio Art classes in the AS are being added to the AA Art program, so students pursuing either track will be able to graduate under the AA program. New students will only be able to pursue the AA in Art.
5. Fall 2014, the Area F requirements for Health Sciences with a Concentration in Medical Technology have changed. BIOL 1611 is no longer required. Instead, students will take BIOL 1612. Students will need to see someone in the science department to get into BIOL 1612 without first taking taking 1611.
6. Fall 2014, the name of the non-teaching Health and Physical Education degree is changing to Kinesiology and Health.
7. Fall 2014, SOCW 2000 is being added to the Sociology program as an Area F elective.
8. Fall 2014, all the program advisement forms will be updated to include the new honors courses and the new number for MATH 1431 (1070). The new forms will be posted on July 1.
9. Fall 2014, the Health and Physical Education (non-teaching) program's name has changed to Kinesiology and Health (non-teaching).
10. I red note was added to the top of the Health Science Professions advisement form that the program is not appropriate for pre-med, pre-dent, or pre-pharmacy majors. (Added July 3, 2014)
11. The Health Science Professions Area C elective has changed. Foreign Language is no longer listed as Not Applicable. The note for foreign language classes has been changed to say that students who may pursue a career in Nursing or Dental Hygiene should NOT take a foreign language course as their Area C elective. For others, foreign language courses are a viable option. (Changed July 16, 2014)