Transforming Lives, Strengthening Communities, Fostering Teamwork
Georgia Perimeter College transforms the lives of our students to thrive in a global society.
As a diverse, multi-campus college offering onsite and distance learning opportunities, we provide relevant, responsive, learner-centered higher education that facilitates the achievement of academic, professional and personal goals.
We embrace excellence, teamwork and quality service that link the college’s human capital with our communities to enhance economic, social and cultural vitality.
As a key point of entry for students into higher education in Georgia and in order to support the Strategic Plan of the University System of Georgia, Georgia Perimeter College is committed to maintaining our role as the major provider of associate degrees and student transfer opportunities in the state and to broadening our contribution to the educational aspirations of our communities by offering select baccalaureate programs in areas of need for the citizens of Georgia.
We will strengthen student success.
- Implement the Complete College Georgia (CCG) Plan.
- Improve academic advising.
- Implement the five-year QEP.
We will maintain and strengthen our mission as an access institution.
- Increase enrollment in support of our access mission, CCG goals, the new funding formula for the University System of Georgia, and the financial health of the college.
- Prepare to implement the two four-year programs authorized by the Board of Regents.
- Request Board of Regents approval for a BSN Completion program.
- Strengthen online education.
We will increase our agility in the very competitive higher education arena.
- Review class sizes and teaching loads over time and review ratios of tenured, tenure-track, temporary, and adjunct faculty members.
- Re-examine operating processes and procedures in light of existing staffing levels and review existing staffing ratios. Improve processes and efficiencies.
- Communicate and cultivate relationships with external constituencies.
We will focus on the college culture.
- Improve employee and student satisfaction and engagement.
- Foster and maintain a college culture that reflects our mission and values.