2016 Faculty Awards - Nominations Open: February 19 - Mar 9, 2016
The Perimeter College (PC) faculty is passionate about the success of our students, colleagues, and community. Excellence in teaching, service, and faculty development provides the foundation on which our students will achieve success. We take pleasure in recognizing and rewarding our outstanding faculty with Perimeter College Faculty Awards.
Perimeter College is now accepting nominations for the 2016 Celebration of Excellence Awards (COE). For this process to be successful, we need you to be involved by nominating those colleagues that you believe have earned these high honors. There are 6 types of awards for faculty:
* Teaching Excellence Award
* Faculty Service Excellence Award
* Cole Fellow
* Faculty Professional Development Award
* President’s Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award
* Faculty Perimeter College Values Awards
For full description and criteria, see Faculty Nomination Packet located above.
Teaching Excellence Award
Excellence in teaching provides the foundation on which our students will achieve success.
This award is given to a faculty member to recognize, reward and promote excellence in teaching and advocacy for the profession.
Faculty Service Excellence Award
Excellence in service to our students, college and community provides the support for our students to achieve success.
This award is given to a faculty member to recognize, reward, and promote excellence in service to our students, college and community. The nominee should exemplify rewarding interactions with others that produce positive, productive and supportive results and provide high quality service to students, co-workers and the public.
The primary criterion for selection is an extraordinary dedication to undergraduate teaching, which should be demonstrated by excellence in the following areas:
* Service to students, institution, community and profession;
* Scholarly approach to teaching;
* Impact on and involvement with students; and
* Support from colleagues and current and former undergraduate students.
Faculty Professional Development Award
Excellence in faculty development ensures continuous quality improvement of our faculty to provide outstanding support to our students.
This award is given to a faculty member to recognize, reward, and promote faculty professional development.
President's Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award
This prestigious awards is designed to recognize and reward faculty who have received state, regional, national or international recognition for an outstanding contribution to the field within the past two calendar years.
Faculty Perimeter College Values Awards
Up to 2 awards may be given to individuals or departments for exemplary behavior in one or more of the seven Perimeter College Core Values:
* Trust - built between each other and throughout the organization
* Excellence - achieved excellence in all that they do
* Integrity - have taken responsibility for their actions and stand by their committments
* Civility - fostered a collegial environment that cultivates mutual respect, enhanced problem solving, open communication and teamwork
* Passion - demonstrated passion through quality work, creativity, teamwork, outreach and engagement
* Diversity - nomination criteria to be determined
* Efficiency - exhibited improved efficiency