What Are the Benefits of My Online Community?
Connect with other students like yourself! Get involved in the various online and campus activities. GPC offers a variety of networking portals such as OSSC 1001 (a free online resource), Facebook and Twitter.
The list of benefits in connecting with your online community is endless. Just to name a few:
- Gives you the opportunity to network with people worldwide for social and professional purposes.
- Allows you to learn success skills from your peers, such as how to better manage your time and finances.
- Provides an excellent way to access academic assistance and support for those courses that seem to be most challenging.
- Connects you to online resources and tools, such as SMARThinking, that you may not have otherwise known about or had access to.
- Opens doors to opportunities to develop your occupational skills and experience through volunteerism and civic engagement.