- Print this
What is SciMON?
SciMON (Science Mathematics Opportunities Network) is an innovative institutional initiative designed to enhance the extraordinary research and mentoring programs available to students who study science and mathematics at Hunter College.
What do Hunter's research and mentoring programs offer students?
Overall, Hunter's research and mentoring programs provide students with the resources necessary to prepare them for graduate study in the sciences and mathematics. Each program is unique and offers students a different set of benefits, but most provide an opportunity to conduct research alongside Hunter's outstanding science and math faculty. Each program has a different set of eligibility requirements, but many SciMON programs are designed to increase, encourage and support the inclusion of under-represented groups in science particularly members of racial/ethnic minorities, women, students with disabilities, those who are first generation of their family to attend college, veterans, and students with demonstrated financial need. Programs and activities are open to all academically eligible students without regard to race, gender, national origin, or other characteristics.
To find out more about all of the research and mentoring programs offered at Hunter College, click HERE.
What does SciMON offer students?
SciMON offers all students interested in science and mathematics:
- an easy way to find out about all of the research and mentoring programs available to students at Hunter College
- help in determining the research and mentoring programs they are eligible for, as well as which programs best fit their interests and career goals
- an easy way to get answers about anything related to research and academia
- information about research experiences available at Hunter and elsewhere
- an array of professional and skills development workshops, activities and events