- GIS | Health & Hazards Lab
- City and Community Studies Initiative
- Center for Ecology and Natural Resource Sustainability
We are looking for a community groups –- including businesses, government agencies, non-profit organizations, and university faculty & staff – who need students with geographic skills.
We see our internships and projects as partnerships: both an opportunity for us to offer skills to the community, but also as a chance for our students to learn more about companies, organizations, and career opportunities available to geographers.
Our students have a broad variety of skill sets, including GIS, cartography and analysis of environmental and social data. More specifically, our students can help with tasks requiring:
- GIS digitizing
- GIS analysis
- Community surveys
- Community interviews
- Visualization of spatial data
- Communication (oral and written)
- Review of past projects
- Statistical data gathering & analysis
- Mobile apps for spatial data collection
If you have an internship opportunity or project, please fill in the form below and we will contact you, or email our Community Geographer Jennifer Mapes.