- 42% accepted employment as a Postdoctoral Fellow,
- 29% accepted employment in industry,
- 29% accepted employment as an Assistant or Visiting Prof or Instructor.
In addition, the Center for Nuclear Research (CNR) page includes links to all known home pages for PhD Physics alumni from the CNR.
Profiles of Four Ph.D. Physics Graduates from Kent
Jack M. Wilson (1972 PhD) Full CV
2003-2011: President, Univ. of Massachusetts (five-campus system)
- Distinguished Prof. & Dean of Faculty, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY;
- Prof., Univ. of Maryland;
- Executive Director, American Assoc. of Physics Teachers.
Zvi Yaniv (1982 PhD)
Since 1996: President & CEO, SI Diamond Technology, Austin, Texas; President & CEO, Applied Nanotech, Inc.
Also an artist
- Founder & CEO, Optical Imaging Systems, Michigan;
- Founder, AU Optronics, Taiwan.
Greg Crawford (1991 PhD) Full CV
Since 2008: Dean of College of Science, Univ. of Notre Dame
- Co-founder of two Biomedical Companies;
- Dean of Engineering, Brown Univ.;
- Prof. of Engineering & Physics, Brown Univ.;
- Further details
Yiping Shao (1994 PhD) CV
Since 2008: Assoc Prof., Dept of Imaging Physics, Univ. of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Prof. at SUNY Buffalo, NY;
- Sr. Engineer, General Electric, NY;
- Co-developed the world’s first medical imaging system combining Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Positron Emission Tomography