Physics majors with outstanding records may be eligible for enrollment in a Combined Baccalaureate and Master's Program (BS/MA) in Physics. To be eligible, students must have at least junior standing and have achieved a minimum GPA of
- 3.50 after 60 semester hours,
- 3.40 after 75 semester hours,
- 3.30 after 90 semester hours,
- or 3.20 after 105 semester hours.
The following procedure must be followed for admission to this program:
- Completing the Application for Admission.
- Completing the Combined Baccalaureate and Master's Program form, which includes:
- Listing the courses at the undergraduate level that need to be taken for the baccalaureate degree;
- The beginning date for graduate study;
- Listing of graduate courses to be utilized in satisfying the undergraduate degree.
- Providing three letters of recommendation from instructors who are familiar with the students' achievements and their intended academic goals.
The minimum credit-hour requirements for graduate courses in the combined BS/MA program are 32 semester hours, with no more than half at the 50000 level. Up to 12 semester hours of the graduate courses may be applied toward completion of the BS requirements as well.
Sample Schedules are available for the combined BS/MA program.