Olson Hall itself contains tools and resources constantly at the fingertips of Commons members.
- Studio space
- Community director on site
- Advising and technology help brought to the building weekly
- Classes held in hall with Commons members
Why should I join the CCI Commons?
- Connections with other students who share your academic and professional interests
- Location close to your college advising office and classrooms
- Opportunities to meet with your academic advisors and professors in your hall
- Guest speakers and movie nights geared to your major
- Mentoring by upper division students in your major
- Programming planned by students for students
- Computer lab and studio space available in your hall
- Program director's office conveniently located in the residence hall, so students can stop in with any questions and suggestions.
- Keep up to date with valuable information about CCI with the Community Director’s listserv
Living in the CCI Commons will allow you to take part in on-campus programming and activities tailored to your interests and provide experiences to boost you forward in your future careers in communication.
CCI Commons activities include:
- Guest speakers from various communication fields
- Meet the Faculty events
- Tech Tuesdays
- Advising in house
- Field Trips to local businesses
- Ice cream socials, Murder Mystery dinners, bowling and game nights
- Flix Fest Film Festival
Joining the CommonsStudents must be admitted to the College of Communication and Information in order to be eligible to join the CCI Commons, or receive special permission from the CCI Commons community coordinator, Marianne Warzinski. Assignments are made based on application date. Thus, the earlier you apply for your residence hall the more likely it is that you will receive a CCI Commons assignment.
Students who are interested in applying to participate in the CCI Commons need to follow these steps:
- Select Olson Hall and CCI Commons as your #1 choice on your residence hall application, and alert the academic advisor during your Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration program that you would like to participate in the CCI Commons.
- If you have already completed and submitted your residence hall application and now want to make changes, you may re-enter your application by logging back into it through the residence hall application website.
- If you need further assistance, or have questions about how to join the CCI Commons please contact the community coordinator.