Draime Estate Gardens "is a family created botanical display of incredible beauty personally designed and constructed from a passion of plants and art, depicting the use of gardens and sculpture as a way to beautify our surroundings and enlighten our souls. It is our hope that the spirit and love poured into the development and growth of these gardens will continually be preserved for use and enjoyment by students and enthusiasts of the arts and sciences."
- D. Max and Cecile M. Draime
- Inspire the Kent State community to discover, create, apply, and share knowledge in this unique learning environment.
- Engage students in practical learning and critical thinking to develop the knowledge and skills that lead to productive careers and responsible citizenship.
- Serve as a model of philanthropy for Kent State University.
- Establish the Draime Estate Gardens of Kent State University as a preeminent horticultural resource and national model of gardening excellence.
Core Values Orchestral Garden
- Strive for excellence in all we do.
- Position Draime as a model of excellence in learning experiences and philanthropy.
- Maintain a stimulating learning environment for discovery, creativity, and innovation.
- Offer opportunities for students to reach their potential.
- Provide access to unique, diverse, and beautiful gardens.
- Collaborate and partner within public, professional, and academic sectors.
- Advance diversity within our collections, staff, and partnerships.
- Promote and encourage cultural opportunities within Kent State and public horticulture.