Graduate Degree : Educational Specialist Application
To complete the application process a graduate applicant MUST review this list in order to gather necessary application materials prior to applying. In addition to saving time and paper, students who apply online will also be able to check their application status by using the log in and personal identification number (PIN) established when starting the online application.
- Complete the online application, located to the right.
- There is a $30 nonrefundable application fee. You will be prompted to submit payment via the online application.
- You will be prompted to select the academic unit (i.e. College of The Arts, College of Communication and Information, etc.) of your intended major, and a concentration area if applicable. This information can be found in the Graduate Programs Listing.
- Submit letters of recommendation completed by persons who are familiar with your educational goals and your ability to achieve them. Those individuals should comment on your professional and/or academic ability. For applicants wishing to use a form rather than have their references write a letter, a letter of recommendation form is available in printable format. For applicants interested in the College of Education, Health and Human Services, please use this recommendation form.
- Submit an official transcript in a sealed envelope from each college or university (except Kent State University) in which 9 semester hours or more were earned sent directly to:
Division of Graduate Studies
650 Hilltop Drive
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242
- Please consult the Graduate Programs Listing to determine which of the following materials are required by your department:
- Official test score reports of the GRE, GMAT or MAT as required by your department.
- Statement of goals, resume/vita as required by your department. You will be prompted to submit these as attachments via the online application. You also have the option of mailing the materials to the admitting office.
- Audition tapes, portfolios, slides, essays, writing samples, etc. as required by your department.
Thank you for reviewing the graduate applicant requirements tip sheet. Please submit your application.