Note: during the winter months, many advisories are related to inclement weather. As a reference, please be aware that when a snow closing is in effect, university policy specifies that:
- Morning classes begin before noon Monday through Friday.
- Afternoon classes begin after noon Monday through Friday.
- Evening classes begin after 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- If the Kent Campus is closed nursing students do not do clinicals. Students should stay in touch with their faculty who will let clinical placement personnel know of student changes.
- If the Kent Campus has closed, it will reopen at 6 a.m. the next day.
- For a complete listing of all of the television and radio stations to which Kent Campus cancellation information is reported, please visit this guide
When the university cancels class on the Kent Campus due to inclement weather, all programs held within the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC) are also canceled. If conditions warrant, the administration may choose to close the SRWC. Notification of the facility closure will be posted on the department's website and social mediums.
Note: If you have recently received a FlashAlert or an e-mail about a current campus advisory, please allow ten to 15 minutes for this Web page to reflect the related advisory information and additional details. The text alert is sent first, followed by an e-mail and then the post to this web page.
If you are receiving FlashAlert text messages in error or if you wish to unsubscribe, you can opt out of SMS messages at any time by texting STOP to 67283 or 226787.