School of art undergraduate students should meet with your academic advisor, Maria Robertson, at least once a semester in order to ensure you are on track in your degree plan as well as check your progress towards graduation.
Although it is important to meet with your faculty advisor regarding discipline-based course work, internships, experience in the field, and professional development; it is necessary to meet with Maria Robertson to discuss university policies, major requirements, remaining credits towards graduation and for an overall discussion to ensure you are progressing in your degree.
Your academic advisor and your faculty advisor are both here to assist you as you progress through your degree, but it is important to know that they serve different functions and address different areas of your education. Both are valuable resources for your success at Kent State University, so schedule time to see both advisors once a semester.
- I need a permit to enroll in a class.
- I need to change or add a major, , a minor, or a concentration.
- I need scholarship Information.
- I need to make minor adjustments in my existing schedule.
- I need to make significant changes to next semester's schedule.
- I don't have a schedule yet.
- I need to develop a long-range academic plan.
- I need to re-enroll after more than a year of not attending university. OR I need to enroll for a second undergraduate degree.
- I need an evaluation of transfer work.
- I need to petition for substitution or other consideration.
- I need a portfolio evaluation.
- I need to know how soon I can graduate.