Delta Sigma Pi is a professional fraternity organized to foster the study of business
in universities; to encourage scholarship, social activity and the association of students
for their mutual advancement by research and practice; to promote closer affiliation
between the commercial world and students of commerce, and to further a higher
standard of commercial ethics and culture and the civic and commercial welfare
of the community.
What We Do:
- Time Management
- Interviewing Techniques
- Guest Speakers
- Robert's Rules of Order
- BPR member
- Speaking Skills
- Relay for Life
- Canned Food Drives
- Kent Ridge Retirement Home
- Ronald McDonald House donations
- Blood Drives
- Spring Formal
- Themed Socials
- Fall Trips
- LEAD (Leadership Academies for Deltasigs)
Vice President of Marketing
You may also visit the cafe on the second floor of the College of Business and ask any of the friendly brothers your questions or concerns.
Why should YOU join?
- Opportunity to be involved with an organization while at Kent State.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and business knowledge gained from Delta Sigma Pi.
- Chance to operate a small business in the College of Business Administration Building.
- At the beginning of each semester we have a few short weeks for recruiting. Look around campus for fliers, chalking and information sessions. Also be aware that we come to talk with various classes in the Business building about our Fraternity.
- We are looking for quality members that want to be a part of something larger than themselves. We look for individuals with a passion for business as well as leadership skills, communication skills and organizational skills.
About the Pledging Process
- The pledging process lasts around 7 weeks. Potential pledges are to meet once a week (on Sunday nights) for about an hour to learn more about the Fraternity and come up with semester goals. Up until Initiation day, pledges are expected to pass weekly quizzes and get their set amount of brother interviews.