You need to register for the event. To learn more about this, you are required to attend an Accounting Internship and Fall Recruiting Information Session. At the presentation you will learn more about the Accounting Internship Program, how to create an account on the Experience Job & Internship Board (required to attend Meet the Accountants Night), sign up for interviews, and the benefits of attending Meet the Accountants Night.
Attend one of the following:
- Sept. 5 (Wed) at 5:00 - 6:00 p.m., Beta Alpha Psi Mtg (115 BSA)
- Sept 11 (Tues) at 11:00 a.m. - noon, Career Services (261 MSC)
If you did not attend, you can view a slide presentation at this link.
More detail information about Meet the Accountants Night:
- Career Services website
- Accounting Internship Interviews Information
- Yes, it can be overwhelming, so try to relax.
- Identify ahead of time the employers you want to talk to. When you arrive, view the brochure of where they are located. Some employers will have a lot of people waiting to see them, so plan accordingly.
- For the employers you will want to talk to, have an index card of points you want to make to them and look at it BEFORE you are near their table or in their eye site. This way, they will know you prepared to talk with them.
- What should you talk about:
- Something you saw on their website (volunteer events, other group social events, training programs, etc.).
- Questions about the position (assignment types, locations, etc.)
- Once your questions are answered, ask them if they would like a copy of your resume and Student Information Form and then THANK THEM FOR THEIR TIME and tell them to have a good evening.
- DO NOT hang out. You need to move on to other employers and be respectful of their time as they have other students to talk to.
- Make sure you look professional and act professional thoroughout the entire event.