- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Accounting Internship Interviews
Sept. 30 - Oct. 4, 2013
Present - Sept. 13
Steps Required to Participate - Must be Completed by Noon, Friday, Sept. 13
- Create or update your account in the Experience Job & Internship Board.
Upload your critiqued resume and Student Information Form to the Experience Job & Internship Board.
» Need help with your resume or the Experience Job & Internship Board? See a Career Counselor during drop-in counseling hours in the Career Resource Library.
Attend Accounting Internship Information Session (Required)
- Attend one of two presentations to learn more about the Accounting Internship Program including how to create an account on the Experience Job & Internship Board, sign up for interviews, and the benefits of attending Meet the Accountants Night.
» Sept. TBD: 5:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Beta Alpha Psi - Accounting Assoc. Mtg. (115 BSA)
» Sept. TBD - Career Services Center (261 Schwartz Center)
Present - Sept. 18
(11:59 p.m., Wed.)
Apply (Pre-Select) to Organizations You Would Like to Have Consider You for an Interview
- Log into Experience Job & Internship Board.
- Under 1-Click Searches on the home page, choose Accounting Internship Interview Participants to view organizations coming to campus and the internships they will be interviewing for.
- View specific internship positions by clicking on Accounting Internship Interview Participant next to each organization name.
To Apply/Pre-Select to a position, scroll to the bottom of the position description and click on the Apply button in the How to Apply box. (The Apply option will only be displayed if you meet the qualifications of the position.)
Apply/Pre-Select by submitting both your resume and Student Information Form to each organization you wish to have consider you for an interview.
(5:30 - 8:00 p.m., Thurs.)
Meet the Accountants Night
Over 40 organizations participate in this networking event held from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m., in the Kent Student Center Ballroom . If you have submitted your resume for pre-selection to an employer, it is highly recommended that you introduce yourself to these employers at this event, including offering them an additional copy of your resume and Student Information Form.
Sept. 18 (Wed.) - Sept. 25 (Wed.)
Receive Emails Indicating Employer Decisions
At the end of the pre-selection sign-up period, organizations will review the candidate's resumes. Candidates will then receive emails from Career Services indicating whether they have been accepted, declined, or chosen as an alternate for each organization to which they applied. You may also view these employer decisions under the Applications tab under Your Active Applications.
Beginning Sept. 25
(10 p.m., Wed.)
Obtain Interview Time Slots if Accepted
- Candidates accepted for an interview may log into the Experience Job & Internship Board to select interview time slot(s). To do this, go to the Applications tab under Your Active Applications. From here, click on Details next to the organizations that have accepted you. Choose your interview time slot.
- Print out your interview schedule by clicking on the Calendar tab and then Your Up-Coming Events. Review your schedule to ensure that there are no time conflicts.
NOTE: Candidates are granted interviews on a first-come, first-serve basis. As a result, being offered an interview does not guarantee a spot on an interview schedule.
Beginning Sept. 26
(10 p.m., Thurs.)
Obtain Interview Time Slots if Alternate
- Candidates selected as alternates may log into Experience to select interview time slot(s). To do this, go to the Applications tab under Your Active Applications. From here, click on Details next to those schools that have accepted you. Choose your interview time slot.
- Print out your interview schedule by clicking on the Calendar tab and then Your Up-coming Events. Review your schedule to ensure that there are no time conflicts.
(1 - 4:30 p.m., Thurs.)
Mock Interview Day
Get prepared for your interviews by participating in a mock interview held in the Career Services Center, 261 Schwartz Center. Sign up for a time slot during one of the Accounting Internship Information Sessions.
Look for the Mock Interview Day One-Click Search on your Experience Job & Internship Board homepage.
Sept. 30 - Oct. 4
(Mon. - Fri.)
Accounting Internship Interviews
- All interviews are held in Career Services, 261 Schwartz Center, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Failure to attend an interview without proper notification may result in immediate removal from other interview schedules and from internship consideration.
- Candidates must adhere to the Interview Cancellation and No Show Policy.
Employers Begin Making Job Offers to Candidates