- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
Teacher Interview Day, March 19 (Wednesday), 2014
PRINT OUT TIMELINE TO MEET KEY DEADLINES
Oct. 26, 2013 and
Feb. 1, 2014
Attend "Education SuperStart Saturday" to learn about job search and interview techniques, teacher supply and demand, and how to prepare for Teacher Interview Day.
- Review the Candidate Attendee Tips
Present – Feb. 14
(Advance registration is required to attend Teacher Interview Day.)
Register with the Experience Job & Internship Board
- Seniors and alumni must be registered in advance with the Experience Job & Internship Board to participate in this event. Registration includes uploading your resume as a Word or Adobe PDF document (recommended to ensure resume format) and posting your resume to a resume book.
Prepare Your Resume:
- Formalize your resume and have it reviewed by a Career Counselor during drop-in counseling hours (Mon.– Fri. 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 2 - 4 p.m.) in the Career Resource Library, 261 Schwartz Center.
Jan. 13 (6 a.m.) -
Feb. 17 (11:59 p.m.)
To be Considered for an Interview, you MUST FIRST Apply/Pre-select to Schools
- Log into Experience Job & Internship Board, select Job/Internship Search under Jobs & Internships.
- Under 1-Click Searches, choose Teacher Interview Day Participants to view schools attending and their positions.
- View individual positions by clicking on Teacher Interview Day Participant next to each school name.
- To Apply/Pre-Select to a position, scroll to the bottom of the position description and click on the Apply button in the How to Apply box. (The Apply option will only be displayed if you meet the qualifications of the position.) Apply/Pre-Select by submitting your resume to each school you wish to have consider you for an interview.
Feb. 18 – March 4
Receive Emails Indicating Schools’ Interest in Interviewing Applicants
- At the end of the pre-selection sign-up period, school districts will review the resumes of all candidates that have pre-selected for an interview with them. Candidates will then receive emails from Career Services indicating whether they have been accepted or declined for each school to which they applied. You may also view these employer decisions under the Applications tab under Your Active Applications.
March 5 (6 a.m.) -
March 13 (11:59 p.m.)
Obtain Interview Time Slots if Accepted
- Candidates accepted for an interview by school districts may log into Experience to select interview time slot(s). To do this, go to the Applications tab under Your Active Applications. From here, click on Details next to those schools that have accepted you. Print out your interview schedule by clicking on the Calendar tab and then Your Up-coming Events. Review your schedule to ensure that there are no time conflicts.
NOTE: Candidates are granted interviews on a first-come, first-served basis during this period. As a result, being offered an interview does not guarantee a spot in an interview schedule.
Teacher Interview Day
(8 – 8:30 a.m. check-in)
(Announcements @ 8:30)
Check-In Begins @ 8 a.m.
- Check-in at the Ballroom Balcony, 3rd floor Student Center.
- Arrive early to prepare for the Meet & Greet session.
- 8:30 a.m. announcements
- Candidate Attendee Tips
- Location: Student Center, Ballroom Balcony
- Directions, Parking, Lodging
(8:45 – 9:45 a.m.)
Attend Meet & Greet
- Network with school administrators and possibly obtain additional interviews with schools who still have open interview time slots.
- If you were declined an interview during Pre-Select, bring extra resumes and attend Meet & Greet to network with school representatives.
(8:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Student Schedule Overview for Teacher Interview Day
- Check-In Begins on 3rd Floor Ballroom Balcony: (8:00 a.m.)
- Announcements: (8:30 a.m.)
- Meet & Greet: (8:45 – 9:45 a.m.)
- Break: (9:45 – 10 a.m.)
- Lunch (Ballroom Closed): (12:20 – 1:20 p.m.)
- Break (2:40 - 3:00)
- End of Event: (4:20 p.m.)