- Career & Major Selection
- Graduate School Prep
- Internship Prep
- Job & Internship Search
- Testing (ACT, CLEP)
Services for Students and Alumni:
Career Services Center261 Schwartz Center
Job Postings & Employers
KSU Student Employment
HoursMonday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call for an Appointment
Drop-In Career CounselingMonday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. & 2 - 4 p.m.
- Review the Student Timeline for TID.
- Polish your resume and have it critiqued during daily drop-in hours.
- Register with the Experience Job & Internship Board (required to participate in TID).
- Attend Education Super Start Saturday.
- Research your target school districts to help you answer questions and formulate questions to ask the interviewer.
- Professional interview attire is required. Your appearance is the first impression employers will have of you!
- Practice your interviewing skills online with InterviewStream or schedule a mock interview in Career Services.
- View VIDEO of interview tips from a KSU alumnus or the Interview Strategies for Teachers video in our Career Library.
- Review top teacher interview questions. pdf icon
- Parking in the Student Center Visitor lot is limited, so allow plenty of time to secure a spot.
- Bring at least 20 copies of your resume, a folder with notepad, pens and a compact version of your portfolio (optional).
- Bring ONLY the necessary items. While coat racks are available, we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Check-in on the third floor (balcony area) of the Student Center Ballroom (guests are not permitted). While in the balcony waiting area:
» Review the bulletin boards for announcements.
» Keep noise levels to a minimum.
- Attend the Meet & Greet session to increase your chances of attaining an interview. Any open interview slots will be filled by school representatives during this session from 8:45-9:45am.
- Maintain professional and courteous behavior during the entire event:
» Do not approach interview tables at non-scheduled times. An announcement will be made to inform you that it is time to move to your scheduled interview table to begin your interview.
» When approaching the table, establish eye contact with the representative and use a firm handshake when introducing yourself. Be assertive without being pushy.
» Be on time and do not miss your interview.
The Interview Cancellation and No Show Policy is in effect for all interviews.
- Provide representatives with a copy of your professional resume. If you were pre-selected for the interview, the interviewer will have a copy of the resume you uploaded to the Experience Job & Internship Board.
» Be prepared to verbally provide a summary of your background, achievements, and career interests.
» Be prepared to articulate your strengths, skills, goals, and why you have an interest in the represented school.
» Ask for school system literature, an application, and the interviewer's business card for follow-up after your interview.
» Ask what happens next in the hiring process, and what you can do to advance your candidacy.
» At the end of the interview, extend a firm handshake and express appreciation for the employer's time in speaking with you.
- After each interview, return to the balcony waiting area via the stairs at the rear of the Ballroom.
- Do not linger on the Ballroom floor or approach a table without a scheduled interview.
- Within 48 hours, send a thank-you note to all administrators you spoke with.
- Keep detailed records of all school contacts, interviews, applications, and credentials sent for future reference.
- Make follow-up phone calls with the district about two-three weeks after your interview.