Funded by the School of Communication Studies, the CIRL is a resource room where undergraduate Communication Studies majors can go to work on course projects, study, and relax between their classes. The CIRL is located in Taylor Hall 144.
Resources available to students include:
15 Windows PCs wCD/DVD burners running the following software:
Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat Professional, SPSS 20
Windows Media Player, QuickTime, RealPlayer, ITunes
Shockwave, Flash, Java, J-initiator
Firefox, Internet Explorer
Meeting Table for Group Work
The Hours of operation are:
Fall & Spring Semester
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Spring & Winter Break
Laser printing utilizes the campus FLASHcard and "Netprint,"
B/W printing is available at .07 cents per page
How do you use Netprint?
- You print your document from a workstation and supply your name.
- Your document is held for one hour in the Netprint system.
- You then go to a print station nearby and...
- swipe your FLASHcard
- select and print your document
- The charge is then deducted from your Gold Plan account.
- Your documents will immediately be printed on the nearby printer.
- You receive a standard 8.5 x 11" black and white laserprint for 7 cents/page. .
What do you need in order to use Netprint?
- Money in your FLASHcard account.
- You can add money to your FLASHcard at the machine in the Main Library lobby. The machine will take bills of any denomination and add the entire amount to your FLASHcard.
- You can also add money at the FLASHcard office (104 Student Center, x. 2592). Any cash amount can be added to the card (no minimum). If charging to a credit card, the minimum is $1.00.
- You can use a credit card to add money to your FLASHcard online at http://www.kent.edu/flashcard/