KSUCPM Pre-Professional Internship
The Pre-Professional Internship Program at Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine is designed to provide insight into the many facets of podiatric medicine and the education involved with obtaining a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree. The three day internship allows students the opportunity to:
- Shadow podiatrists in a clinical setting at the Cleveland Foot and Ankle Clinic
- Shadow podiatrists in a private practice setting
- Observe CPM classes
- Take part in podiatric-themed workshops
- Meet with alumni and current CPM students
2014 Pre-Professional Internship Dates:
- May 20-22, 2014
- June 17-19, 2014
- June 24-26, 2014
- July 8-10, 2014
For more information, please access the Pre-Professional Internship brochure.
Expenses and Housing Accommodations
There is no cost for the internship program itself. However, prospective interns should understand that some expense in incurred due to transportation and living expenses (housing and meals). Interns have the option to stay with a CPM student host at no charge or at an area hotel for a discounted lodging rate (at the interns expense).
Application Pre-requisites and Procedures
Students interested in participating in the KSUCPM Pre-Professional Internship Program must meet the following criteria:
- Completed one full year of classes at an undergraduate institution
- Grade point average of at least a 3.0
Prospective interns must also submit the following items in addition to their application:
- An official transcript from current college or university
- A letter of recommendation from an academic advisor or faculty member
You may access the the Pre-Professional Internship application here. Applications can be mailed to:
Office of Enrollment Management
Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine
6000 Rockside Woods Blvd.
Independence, Ohio 44131
You may also e-mail your application to email@example.com or fax to 216-447-0210.
If you have any questions about the internship, please contact the Office of Enrollment Management at 216-231-3300 or firstname.lastname@example.org