Program: Community College Leadership
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivered by: World Wide Web
Percent of program offered at a distance: 100%
Kent, OH 44242-0001
The Community College Leadership Certificate is designed to prepare and enhance the skills of administrators, staff, and faculty in community colleges and regional campuses to meet the leadership challenges posed by social, political, and economic changes.
The certificate can be completed as a stand-alone program or concurrently with other graduate work (Master's and Ph.D. degree). An internship in community college leadership constitutes 3 credits of the 15-hour program. Students who have full-time professional experience in community colleges can request a waiver of the internship requirement. With advisor approval, this requirement may be satisfied with an additional elective.
The Community College Leadership certificate is designed in alignment with the competencies for community college leaders established by the American Association of Community Colleges.
- Consider required and preferred characteristics
- Bachelor degree required; master degree preferred
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or greater is preferred (any postbaccalaureate work will be taken into consideration when interpreting GPA).
- Contact the program advisor to discuss application.
- Prepare and submit the following:
- Application for certificate program
- Personal statement and resume expressing career goals
- Two reference letters
- Official transcripts
- Application fee
Total of 15 hours.
Courses with ehhslogo may be offered online.HIED 6/76658 The Community College 3 hrs. ehhslogo
HIED 6/76677 Workforce, Economic, & Community Development 3 hrs. ehhslogo
HIED 6/76678 Issues & Trends in Community College Administration 3 hrs. ehhslogo
HIED 6/76653 College Student Development 3 hrs. ehhslogo
*EDAD 6/76492 Internship, Practicum, & Field Experience 3 hrs. ehhslogo
*Elective with EDAD 6/76492 waiver may be:HIED 6/76656 Higher Education Curriculum 3 hrs. ehhslogo
3 hrs. ehhslogo