Licensure Content Evaluation-Post Bac

For students who already have a Bachelor's degree, there are two ways to earn licensure at Kent State University:

  1. Complete the initial licensure program as a Post-Undergraduate student (earn a second bachelors degree).  For this option, students complete their content and professional education courses at the undergraduate level,  OR
  2. Recommended route - complete the initial licensure program at the graduate level.  At the graduate level we have either the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program or a Masters in Education (M.Ed.) program depending on the licensure area.  Students usually complete the content course work as a Post-Undergraduate first (based on their individual content evaluation) and then complete the MAT or the M.Ed.  Please see the contact information for each licensure area listed below.

If you are interested earning initial licensure at the graduate level (MAT, M.Ed.) please contact the following faculty for a content evaluation. 

Dance  Dr. Andrea Shearer  ashearer  330-672-0126
Early Childhood Education  Wendy Bedrosian  330-672-2580
English as a Second Language  Sarah Rilling  330-672-1725
Foreign Languages  Dr. Becky Chism  330-672-2150
Health Education  Dr. Cindy Symons  330-672-2197
Integrated Language Arts  Dr. William Kist  330-672-2580
Integrated Mathematics  Dr. Mike Mikusa  330-672-2580
Integrated Social Studies  Dr. Alicia Crowe  330-672-2580
Middle Childhood Education  Dr. Bette Brooks  330-672-2580
Music  Dr. Pat Grutzmacher  330-244-3360
Sciences  Dr. Lisa Donnelly  330-672-2580
Technology  Dr. Lowell Zurbuch  330-672-2892
Visual Arts  Dr. Robin VandeZande  330-672-2192

Additional information about each licensure area can be found at the program websites linked from

Local Links

Utility Links

Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.