Master's and Ph.D. Students
All application materials should be sent to:
Division of Graduate Studies
Kent State University
650 Hilltop Dr.
Kent, Ohio 44242-0001
All inquiries about your application status should be addressed to that office (330-672-2661). An application form can be completed on-line. The graduate catalog can be viewed on-line. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Square Completed application forms
Square Official transcripts from each school at which you earned eight credit hours or more
Square Three letters of recommendation. Use this form for your reference writers. Letters must be mailed to the address above. We have no online process for submitting recommendations.
Square GRE scores
Square A letter of intent, highlighting information you would like the admissions committee to know (master's students)
Square Students applying through the combined baccalaureate-master's program (CBMP) must also submit a CBMP form, available here.
Square Ph.D. applicants are required to submit a letter of intent that details their professional and research goals
The admission procedure for the master's program is as follows:
- Completed applications for fall semester will be reviewed as of February 15 and for the combined baccalaureate program by October 15.
- Applications that clearly do not meet the admission standards will be rejected.
- From the others, applications will be accepted to fill a predetermined number of slots. Those applications not accepted and those received after the due dates (fall: February 15, combined baccalaureate: October 15) will be placed on a waiting list.
- Admission for spring semester is reserved for the students in our combined baccalaureate-master's program.
- Ph.D. applications are reviewed on a continuous basis as they are received.
Students who have an undergraduate degree in another discipline and who need to pursue our post-baccalaureate program, must apply to the general admissions office of the university as a post-undergraduate student not seeking a degree. Please contact Dr. Lynne Rowan, Graduate Coordinator or visit the non-major section of our Web site for further information.
Students who want to take graduate courses without pursuing a degree must apply as a non-degree student. Students who are enrolled in a graduate program at another university but wish to take a class at Kent State can apply for transient student status. Contact Dr. Lynne Rowan, Graduate Coordinator, for further information.Apply Now!