The Business Connection Commons (BC Commons) is a Living Learning Community located in Prentice Hall.
The BC Commons is open to any student majoring in Business and/or participating in a business learning community or freshmen interest group (see options below).
The BC Commons houses four living learning communities and a freshmen interest group for students looking to connect to the business world during their freshmen year.
A Community of Entrepreneurs (ACE)
Accelerated Bachelor of Business Administration (A-BBA)
Accounting Freshmen Interest Group (AFIG)
International Business (IBUS)
College of Business Colleagues (CBC)
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in the field of entrepreneurship or business innovation.
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in graduating in three years or less.
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in the field of accounting.
First year residence hall and commuter students in any major at Kent State University who are interested in an opportunity to live among students from different cultures and learn about international business and study abroad opportunities.
First year residence hall or commuter students interested in the field of business.
First year students who are looking to get ahead in their college experience have the opportunity to participate in business learning community or freshmen interest group programs. These programs:
- ENCOURAGE your academic success through sharing courses, thoughts and ideas with other students who are interested in business
- ACCELERATE your college experience through career advice and guidance
- CONNECT you to the College of Business Administration faculty and staff
- DEVELOP relationships with business professionals during your freshmen year
- INSPIRE you to learn about the business world though lectures, tours of organizations, seminars and guest speakers
- CREATE relationships with students who share your major through on campus housing opportunities (Commuters are welcomed, too.)
- Connecting with other students who share your academic and professional interests
- Networking opportunities to meet with your academic advisors and professors in your residence hall
- Mentoring opportunities by upper division students in your major and current professionals in the field.
- Exploring options for involvement, study abroad and scholarships
- Creating opportunities to develop entrepreneurial business ideas through “incubator space”
- Living with students who share your major and may also be in your classes
In order to live in the BC Commons (on a first come first served basis) students must be admitted to Kent State University and be majoring in Business or have an interest in Entrepreneurship. For more information about the BC Commons please click here.
Students who are interested in participating in a learning community or freshmen interest group need to follow these steps. They are as follows:
- Select Prentice Hall and BC Commons as your first choice on your residence hall application, and alert the academic advisor during your Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration program that you would like to participate in learning community or freshmen interest group.
- If you have already completed and submitted your residence hall application and now want to make changes, you may re-enter your application by logging back into your application through the residence hall application website prior to July 1.
- Fill out the community specific application on the learning community or freshmen interest group website listed above.
- You will be notified before your Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration date of your admission.
- If you need further assistance, or have questions about how to join the BC Commons please contact the community coordinator.