Submit a Helpdesk ticket
Helpdesk services are available 24/7 all year - including holidays.
Complete Computer Care for students, faculty and staff.
Kent State Network Connectivity
Device IP Address Cost One IP address per device (PC, printer, etc.) on the network $19 per month E&G departments receive a monthly budget adjustment. IPs are registered by your desktop support personnel.
Network Jack Activations (ADDs)
4 Jack Activations 10/100Mbps each $350 These are network ADD costs for existing jacks. There is no charge to MOVE from one jack to another. Please call the IS Helpdesk at 330-672-HELP (4357) for all network MOVEs and ADDs.
12 Jack Activations 10/100Mbps each $800
24 Jack Activations 10/100Mbps each $1,400
24 Jack Activations 10/100/1000Mbps each $2,400
Additional Jacks Quoted Quote based on time and materials
Wireless Network Access See Wireless (FlashZone)
Priority Internet Access Traffic priority to and from the internet $30 set-up fee, then $40 per month per 1 Mbps This represents 75% of the cost of 1 Mbps. IS will pay the remaining 25% with the understanding that the bandwidth will be used by other departments when not in use by the "priority" department.
Private Multi-Mode Fiber Between any two points on campus (use of existing fiber) $330 set-up fee, then $.05 per foot, per strand - per month operational cost In addition, there may be charges to pay for new fiber if it does not exist.
Private Single-Mode Fiber Between any two points on campus (use of existing fiber) $330 set-up fee, then $.10 per foot, per strand - per month operational cost
Other Special network requirements Quote Contact the Network & Telecomm Manager at 330-672-0387 or e-mail email@example.com
Send all requests for Network Services through the IS Helpdesk at http://support.kent.edu, or 330-672-HELP (4357).
This page is maintained by Network & Telecomm Services
Phone: 330-672-HELP (4357)