Reserve Services Guidelines:
- Items are added to Reserve on a first come - first serve basis.
- For each item placed on electronic reserve, fill out and submit a Copyright Request Form
- For library books, personal books, maps, etc., fill out and submit a Course List Form
- To expedite processing, submit all materials (e.g. copies of articles, book chapters, lecture notes, etc.) with the appropriate forms.
- Reserve Services is not responsible or liable for theft, misuse, or abuse of instructor's personal materials placed on reserve.
- Reserve Services may decline requests based on proper interpretation of Copyright Law.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
NOTICE: Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specific conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.