- Kent State head football coach Darrell Hazell thanks the Kent State community for its support throughout the 2012 football season as the team leaves for the Mid-American Conference championship game in Detroit.
- Students from Franklin Elementary School in Kent line Route 43 in a show of support for the Kent State football team as the team’s buses head to Detroit for Friday night’s Mid-American Conference championship game.
- The Kent State football team prepares to leave for the Mid-American Conference championship game in Detroit with a police escort to Kent’s city limits.
- Kent State employees show their team spirit with Flash, the university’s mascot, as they enter the MAC Center for a send-off event as the football team heads to the Mid-American Conference championship game in Detroit.
- Kent State faculty, staff and students, as well as community members, cheer as the football team enters the MAC Center for a send-off event as the Golden Flashes head to Detroit for the Mid-American Conference championship game.
- Members of the Kent State football team and Kent State head football coach Darrell Hazell (center) receive applause and cheers from the crowd in attendance at the Mid-American Conference championship send-off event held in the MAC Center.
- Flash, Kent State’s mascot, high-fives 18-month-old Christopher Errico as he and his grandfather Pasquale Christopher (and parent of Kent State football team member Andrew Christopher) arrive for the football team send-off event in the MAC Center.
- Community members of all ages show their support for the Kent State football team.
- Kent State head football coach Darrell Hazell joins the team in singing the Kent State fight song after defeating the University of Akron.
- Members of the Kent State Golden Flashes football team hold the Wagon Wheel up after their victory over the University of Akron.
- Kent State quarterback Spencer Keith runs the ball during a game against the University of Akron.
After double over-time Kent State University’s school-record of 10 consecutive football victories came to an end on Friday, Nov. 30, with a 44-37 loss to Northern Illinois University (12-1) in the Mid-American Conference (MAC) championship game at Ford Field in Detroit. The Kent State Golden Flashes (11-2) reached the title game by going 8-0 in conference games and winning the MAC East title.
Kent State is likely bound for one of three bowl games with ties to the MAC, including the
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 15), Little Caesars Pizza Bowl (Dec. 26) and GoDaddy.com
Bowl (Jan. 6). Bowl assignments are expected to be made Sunday, Dec. 2, in the evening.
For information on bowl game tickets and travel packages, visit Kent State Athletics, visit www.kentstatesports.com.