- A Kent State graduate smiles in the direction of her family during commencement ceremonies Saturday morning.
- President Lefton embraces benefactor Roe Green after presenting her with the university medallion during commencement ceremonies.
- Darryl Lewis, of the School of Music, sings the National Anthem during the Saturday morning commencement ceremony.
- Two graduates pose for photos near the MAC Center following morning commencement ceremonies.
- President Lefton presents morning commencement speaker Dr. Gregory P. Crawford with an alumni award.
- Kent State graduates display photos of themselves taken in a photo booth at the Flashes Forever event Friday night in the Fieldhouse.
- President Lester A. Lefton turns the tables on graduates at the Flashes Forever event, borrowing a student's camera to take a group photo.
- President Lefton poses for a photo with two 2012 graduates and their parents at the Flashes Forever event.
Kent State University congratulates its newest graduates.
Spring 2012 Commencement Ceremonies took place May 3 and 4. The ceremonies for those receiving doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees were held in the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MAC Center). Speakers for Kent State’s Spring 2012 Commencement Ceremonies were Thomas Melillo, DPM, president of the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine; Greg Crawford, Ph.D., a Kent State alumnus and dean of the College of Science at the University of Notre Dame; and Dave Edmonds, senior vice president of FedEx and Kent State alumnus.
Nearly 4,300 degrees were granted from the university.
For more information about Kent State’s commencement ceremonies, visit the commencement website at www.kent.edu/commencement.
View archived video of commencement: