- <p>An undergraduate student displays her diploma, and a proud grin, following commencement ceremonies.</p>
- <p>A graduate in Fashion Merchandising is surprised by her boyfriend as he proposes to her at the commencement ceremony.</p>
- <p>Commencement speaker Barry A. Franklin emphasizes a point during his address to the doctoral and master's graduates.<br /> </p>
- <p>A doctoral candidate is hooded during commencement ceremonies.</p>
- <p>Chancellor Jim Petro delivers the afternoon commencement address.</p>
- <p>President Lester A. Lefton and his wife, Linda, pose for a photograph with Kent State University mascot Flash during the Flashes Forever celebration in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.<br /> </p>
- <p>President Lefton enjoys the celebration with graduates and family members at the Flashes Forever event.</p>
- <p>A Kent State senior is serenaded by the lead singer of a '80s rock band performing at the Flashes Forever celebration.</p>
- <p>President Lefton gathers with members of the Dining Services during the Flashes Forever celebration.</p>
Kent State University congratulates its newest graduates. Fall 2011 Commencement Ceremonies took place Saturday, Dec. 17. The ceremonies for those receiving doctoral, master’s and baccalaureate degrees were held in the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MAC Center). Speakers for Kent State’s Fall 2011 Commencement Ceremonies were Ohio Board of Regents Chancellor Jim Petro and Kent State alumnus Dr. Barry Franklin, ’70.
More than 2,000 degrees were granted.
For more information about Kent State’s commencement ceremonies, visit the commencement website at www.kent.edu/commencement.
- View an archived webcast of the 10 a.m. advanced degrees ceremony
- View an archived webcast of the 2 p.m. undergraduate ceremony