- Kent State’s Darren Goodson scrambles for control of a loose ball, along with teammate Mark Henniger (13) , during the Golden Flashes 70-68 victory over Buffalo in the quarterfinal game of the Mid-American Conference Tournament in Cleveland.
- The Kent State bench erupts in celebration near the end of a hard-fought 70-68 victory over Buffalo in the MAC Tournament in Cleveland.
- Kent State’s Mark Henniger rebounds during the first half of the Golden Flashes 70-68 win over Buffalo in the MAC Tournament.
- Kent State guard Kellon Thomas moves past an Ohio University defender during a 2013 game in the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center.
- Kent State fans in the student section of the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center cheer on the team during a home win.
- A packed house in the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center cheers on the Kent State Golden Flashes during a 2013 contest.
- A Kent State player drives to the baseline during the 2012 MAC Tournament at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.
- Kent State head men’s basketball coach Rob Senderoff calls out a play during the 2012 MAC Tournament.
- Flash, Kent State’s mascot, reacts to a call from an official during last year’s MAC Tournament in Cleveland.
- A member of the Kent State Dance Team performs during a time out at the MAC Tournament in Cleveland.
- The Kent State Dance Team performs during halftime of the 2012 MAC Tournament in Cleveland.
Kent State University’s men’s basketball team won Thursday's quarterfinal game against Buffalo with a final score of 70-68. The Golden Flashes will advance to the semifinals on Friday, March 15, at 6:30 p.m. to face the Akron Zips.
The team clinched the No. 4 seed in the Mid-American Conference (MAC) Tournament and advanced to a third round (quarterfinal) game versus No. 8 Buffalo on Thursday, March 14, at 6:30 p.m. at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.
Visit www.kentstatesports.com for the latest updates from Kent State Athletics.
Alumni and Fan Pre-Game Reception
In Cleveland, the 12th Annual Kent State alumni and fan pre-game men’s tournament reception was held at Flannery’s Pub and sponsored by the Alumni Association and Golden Flashes Club. Located at 323 Prospect Ave. in downtown Cleveland, Flannery’s is a short walk to Quicken Loans Arena and is decked out in blue and gold. Complimentary appetizers were provided for alumni/fans during the reception. Additional pre-game events will be held as Kent State advances in the tournament.
Receptions will start at 5 p.m. on all dates the Kent State men’s basketball team plays in Cleveland.