- Students mingle during the Graduate Resource Fair, in the Student Center Ballroom.
- Returning students take a break from pick-up basketball games on the court near the Centennial Court residence halls.
- The lobby of the Student Center is packed with students during Welcome Weekend.
- A student relaxes in the renovated Nest, on the second floor of the Student Center.
- Kent State football fans cheer on the team during a home victory at Dix Stadium.
- Employees and students anticipate a fun semester, as classes and meetings begin for the fall semester.
- A group of friends gather for a photo during a student awards dinner.
The Kent State University community welcomes back Kent State students as the university begins its 2012-2013 academic year and offers many events and activities for new and returning students.
Kent State’s Center for Student Involvement (CSI) will offer welcome back activities from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Kent Student Center during the first week of classes, Aug. 27 – 30. Activities include an information table in the Kent Student Center lobby each day, with resources for new and returning students. Throughout the week, free food and spirit gear will be available in The Nest, located on the second floor of the Kent Student Center, to the first 300 students. Students can earn 100 FLASHperks points each day for attending events in The Nest.
The Nest schedule for the week is as follows:
- Monday, Aug. 27 – Pizza party and first-week survival kits - 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. @ The Nest
- Tuesday, Aug. 28 – Ice cream social - 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. @ The Nest
- Wednesday, Aug. 29 – Kent State cookies and punch - 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. @ The Nest
- Thursday, Aug. 30 – Spirit gear: Get ready for the first home football game! Also, hot dogs and popcorn will be available to students - 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. @ The Nest
“CSI is excited for the start of the academic year, and we hope students discover ways to get involved,” said Jennifer Gunnoe, assistant director of the Center for Student Involvement. “Getting involved on campus is one of the quickest ways to become part of the university community and create a unique Kent State experience. CSI offers an array of resources that provides opportunities for leadership and participation in student-initiated projects and organizations.”
The center is staffed by talented and caring people who advise and support all undergraduate and graduate students. Students are encouraged to browse the CSI website for further information on a wide range of opportunities to get involved with the Kent State community. Visit www.kent.edu/csi.