The SERVICE permit is issued to a Kent State University department for official university business use. Do not misuse this permit.
The cost is $50 per year per permit and will be charged to the appropriate department account upon completion of the permit order.
- A valid and authorized Kent State University permit must be displayed with the SERVICE permit to be valid. SERVICE permits allows:
- a vehicle to be parked in a designated service vehicle space for pick-up and delivery only. The time limit in a service space is 30 minutes unless otherwise posted.
- use at the yellow 30-minute meters without depositing coins.
Please do not exceed the 30-minute time limit.
- use in non-restricted faculty/staff or student lots for the length of time necessary to conduct official university business.
The SERVICE permit is NOT honored in:
- E1, R-10 or R-11 lots,
- designated Handicap parking spaces,
- motorcycle spaces,
- meters other than 30-minute meters, or
- other areas where SERVICE permits are not honored
An authorized KSU User ID must be on file with the Parking Services Office to be able to order the department SERVICE permits. You can view the specific permit regulations here.
If you are authorized to purchase for your department, order permits HERE.
If you need to update the KSU user ID authorized to purchase department permits, complete this form and fax or mail it to the Parking Services Office. You will be notified once the department account has been updated.