The following is an overview of the Event Calendar's navigation. The calendar has two sets of navigational links, the Main Navigation is tabbed and will change depending on the tab you are visiting. The Top Navigation will not change as long as you are in the editing area of the Event Calendar.
Top NavigationThere are five links in the Top Navigation:
- Public Calendar - Links to the front end of the calendar that the public sees.
- Main Menu - Links to the screen you see when you first log in that displays your events that are not on the public calendar and their approval status.
- Help - Links to a pop-up window that will give tips for using the page you are on. The information in the pop-up window changes depending on which tab you are on in the Main Navigation.
- Logout - Will log you out of the calendar and send you to the public calendar.
- About - Version and copyright information about Active Data, the vendor we use for our calendar.
Main NavigationThe Main Navigation has six tabs: Events, Workflow, Facilities, Categorization, Marketing and Reports.
Under the Events Tab, you may add new events or edit previously created events. When you select "Add" in the Events tab (image one), you will create an event from scratch following the steps in the Quick Submission Guide. When you select "Modify/Cancel/Delete" you will see a list of events that your department has submitted (image two). You will select an event and modify it using the steps in Edit / Modify an Existing Event in Advanced Calendar Editing.
Events: Add Events: Modify
The Workflow Tab under the "View" option displays a list of all calendar users and their email addresses (image one). Under "My Profile", you may select a default Category for the events you enter if you wish and a default Department if you have permission to access more than one Department (image two).
Workflow: View Workflow: My Profile
The Facilities Tab allows you to add Locations (campuses), Buildings and Rooms, or change or delete pre-existing ones. Do not change or delete an existing facility without contacting the UCM Webteam. This tab will also allow you to view a list of already created facilities.
On the Categorization Tab, you can view the Categories on the calendar.
On the Marketing Tab, you can create an RSS feed of your events (based on Location and Category) or you can create a link to a calendar of your department's events. The Advanced Calendar Editing section shows how to create those.
The Reports Tab displays general reports about the calendar, such as Event Detail views.