How To Register Using FlashFAST
2. Set up your tentative class schedule using the Course Scheduling Worksheet. BE SURE TO USE THE 5-DIGIT CRN NUMBER, not the 5-digit course number.
3. Check for prerequisites, corequisites, or other course restrictions carefully when planning your schedule and before you attempt to register using one of the searches below.
- Access the Class Schedule Search from the Student Records Menu in FlashFAST. Select your subject area, then click on the course title on the Class Schedule Listing page to display detailed class information. OR
- Access the Detailed Class Search from the Schedule of Classes. After locating the course, click on the Prereqs, Program Restrictions link in the Registration Restriction Column.
NOTE: Remember, obtaining permits or overrides does NOT enroll you for the course and does not permit registration after published deadlines. You must register after receiving either permits or overrides.
4. Register for your classes using FlashFAST (available 24/7) by following the steps below. Students at all eight campuses of Kent State University will process their registrations and schedule adjustments using FlashFAST. Students who have been placed on registration hold will not be permitted to register for classes until the hold is cleared. Access the Registrar Important Dates and Events by Term for published registration periods and deadlines. Course specific dates may be determined by accessing the Detailed Class Search from the Schedule of Classes. After locating the course, click on the "Registration Deadlines" link.
STEP I Go to www.kent.edu
STEP II Click the FlashLine Login link on the Kent State homepage. Enter your FlashLine username and password.
- If you have never used FlashLine, click on Get Login Help and follow the instructions for first time users.
Once you are in FlashLine, click on the Student Tools and Courses tab.
Access registration from the Registration Tools channel by clicking on one of these options:
- Add or Drop Classes
- Look Up and Register for Classes
See instructions below on how to use the Add or Drop Classes option or the Look Up and Register for Classes option.
Look Up And Register For Classes
Best if you know the CRN (Course Reference Number) Best if you do not know the CRN (Course Reference Number) and need to look up class days and times first.
Acknowledge and Accept the Add/Drop Classes Tuition Assessment Policy
Select the term.
Select the term. Search for your class.
Enter the CRN on the Add Classes Worksheet If a class is available, there will be a check box next to the CRN.
Click Submit Changes Place a check in the box and click Register.
Click on the Class Search button if you need to search for a course. To view additional information about a course such as prerequisites, descriptions, and instructor information, click on the blue highlighted CRN number.
STEP VI View your schedule by clicking on Student Detailed Schedule and print your schedule by clicking on Student Printable Schedule. NOTE: Always print a copy of your transactions for your records.
STEP VII View your student account, including tuition and fees by clicking on My Account Tab.