Learning Assessment Homepage
To access the WEAVEonline Assessment Reporting, click on the link below.
WHY IS ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT LEARNING IMPORTANT?
Engage faculty and staff in self-reflection on learning goals and instructional and service delivery
- Determine degree to which goals correspond to student and societal needs
- Evaluate degree to which students’ activities, products, or performances coincide with expectations set in learning goals
- Inform students about the knowledge, skills, and other attributes they can expect to possess after successfully completing an academic program or co-curricular activity
- Help academic and student support units understand the dimensions of student learning when seeking to improve student achievement and the educational process
- Institutional and program accreditation agencies
- State legislators
- Other stakeholders
Institutional (AQIP, HLC)
- Program (NASM, AACSB, NCATE, etc)
HOW DO WE DEFINE THE PROCESS OF ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT?
Clarify learning needs of students
- Determine and make public academic goals and expectations for student learning
- Implement instruction and co-curricular activities
- Gather, analyze, and interpret evidence to determine the degree to which student learning outcomes meet these expectations
- Agree on ways to use this evidence to improve student learning