- Lehman professor Matthew O'Dowd is the new host of the PBS Digital series Space Time. Lehman Professor Takes Off as New Host of PBS Digital Astronomy Series.
- Lehman College’s SEEK program is among the top 5 finalists for the prestigious ¡Excelencia! in Education’s 2015 Examples of Excelencia Award. Lehman’s SEEK Program Nominated for Prestigious Award.
- Professor Miguel Perez was recently inducted into the National Association of Hispanic Journalists Hall of Fame. Lehman Professor Miguel Perez Inducted into the National Association of Hispanic Journalists’ Hall of Fame.
- Dr. Christopher Malone, a nationally renowned political scientist, has been appointed associate dean at the Lehman College School of Natural and Social Sciences. Dr. Christopher Malone Named Associate Dean of the School of Natural and Social Sciences.
- The U.S. Department of Education has awarded a $12.6 million, seven-year grant, to the Bronx Institute at Lehman College. Bronx Institute Awarded $12.6 million for GEAR UP Program.
- Professor William Harcourt-Smith led the team that analyzed the feet of the new human species Homo naledi. Lehman Professor Among the Researchers That Discovered New Human Species.
- Darian Worrell, a alumnus of the music department (B.S., '14) has been accepted into the master’s program of the Internationale Sommerakademie Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria. Lehman Grad Accepted to Prestigious Opera Program in Austria.
- Lehman College welcomes two new vice provosts: Dr. Davina Porock, is the new Vice Provost for Academic Personnel and Dr. Stefan Becker, Vice Provost for Academic Programs. Lehman College Welcomes Davina Porock, Stefan Becker As Vice Provosts.
- “It’s a win-win situation for everyone,” explains Eva Sofianos, a Lehman alumna from '04, '06 and IBM IT Specialist, who co-ran the summer pilot program. “Here are businesses in need of IT solutions and students in need of opportunities to build their experience. The training this program provides is rigorous, but at the end the students are ready to move to the next level in their careers.” New Innovation Lab at Lehman Grooms IT Professionals, Businesses.
- Dr. Moira Sauane, who teaches in the Department of Biological Sciences at Lehman College, has received a four-year, $1 million grant from the National Cancer Institute to support her groundbreaking research. Her work is focused on understanding how different proteins behave at the cellular and molecular level for the purpose of developing cancer therapies that kill cancerous tumors, while sparing healthy cells. National Cancer Institute Awards $1 Million Grant to Biology Professor for Killing Cancer Research.
- Joel Phillip, a former Olympian who participated in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, is Lehman’s newest men’s and women’s track/field and cross country head coach. Former Olympian Joel Phillip Named Lehman Track Coach.
- “Best of the Bronx,” a series of one minute videos promoting the borough that Lehman College calls home has won an Emmy Award in the Best Public Service Announcement category. “Best of the Bronx” Wins an Emmy.