- The Lehman College men’s basketball team saw its CUNY Athletic Conference Championship run come to an end, as the No. 3 Lightning fell to No. 2 Brooklyn in the CUNYAC Semifinals, 80 -70, at the Nat Holman Gym on the campus of the City College of New York, on Wednesday evening. The New York Times [...] The New York Times Admires CUNY’s “City Game”.
- Marina Lebron, the CEO and founder of the Prisoner’s Green Market won first prize and $1,000 in the prestigious Columbia-Harlem Small Business Development Center’s elevator pitch competition on February 23. The victory was a triumph for a member of Lehman’s inaugural Bronx Business Bridge incubator that launched two weeks ago. The incubator is providing entrepreneurs [...] Incubator Client Wins Prestigious Award from Columbia Business School.
- Throughout her academic career at Lehman College, cultural anthropologist Victoria Sanford (Professor and Chair, Anthropology; Director of the Center for Human Rights and Peace Studies) has explored the complexities inherent in the fight for justice. Next week, on March 3, she delivers a talk at Washington College in Maryland, “Challenging Impunity in Domestic Courts: Human [...] Prof. Victoria Sanford to Give Talk on Transitional Justice at Washington College.
- It was a technology event showcasing Israeli startups based in New York City where innovation, ingenuity and tech prowess were all on equal display. The Bronx Technology Showcase on February 19th at Lehman’s Lovinger Theatre also gave Israeli Consul General Ido Aharoni an opportunity to announce a $100,000 pilot scholarship program aimed at supporting Hispanic [...] Israeli Consul General Announces Scholarship Program for Hispanic Students at Bronx Technology Showcase.
- The Bronx Institute at Lehman College launch of the new BOOST program (Bronx Opportunities Out-of School Time) offers 90 Bronx middle school students a rich opportunity to explore potential interests, ranging from zoology to television broadcasting.These BOOST students all attend the Bronx School for Law, Government and Justice. New York City’s Department of Youth and [...] The Bronx Institute Awarded 1.1 Million Dollar Grant for Innovative BOOST After-School Program.
- Watch Molly Morkoski live at Lehman’s Multimedia Center tonight. Morkoski, also an Associate Professor of Music at Lehman College, will be performing works by Gabriela Lena Frank, Steven Mackey, and John Kaefer. Tania León, the founder and Artistic Director of Composers Now, and a Distinguished Professor of Composition at the CUNY Graduate Center, will moderate the event, [...] Concert Conversations with Composers—Live at Lehman Multimedia Center.
- Michael Deas, the director of Lehman’s Urban Male Leadership Program (UMLP) was honored by the Bronx Chamber of Commerce , as a leader who has made significant social and educational contributions to the city. Director Deas was recognized alongside luminaries such as former New York City Mayor David Dinkins, newly elected Speaker of the New York [...] Michael Deas, Director of the Lehman Urban Male Leadership Program, Receives Bronx Chamber of Commerce Honor.
- Having the good fortune or ‘bonne fortune’ to participate in an international internship in the South of France is about to become a reality for eight Lehman College business and economic majors. The program in partnership with The University of Montpellier, will offer Lehman students a two-week internship with various companies near the university. The [...] Eight Lehman Students to Receive International Internships in France.
- The Syrian Civil War has been one of the bloodiest conflicts in recent history, with a death toll of at least 191,000. The struggle has captured world headlines but the internecine warfare shows no signs of abating after nearly four years. The war’s impact is just beginning to be understood and artists and scholars from [...] Professor Salamandra, a Leading Syrian Expert, Discusses Ways the War-Torn Nation Can ‘Emerge from the Ashes’.
- Reine T. Sarmiento, an education professional with more than 25 years of experience in key academic leadership roles, has been recently appointed the new Vice President of Enrollment Management and Associate Provost at Lehman College. Vice President Sarmiento comes to Lehman with experience in both private and public colleges, including her most recent position as [...] Reine T. Sarmiento Is Appointed Lehman’s New Vice President of Enrollment Management.
- It’s not everyday that you get an invitation from the White House identifying you as an important “thought leader” in your profession-—and inviting you to attend a landmark conference at Harvard University. But that’s exactly what happened earlier this year to Lehman Professor Stuart Chen-Hayes—and that was just part of what turned out to be [...] Lehman Professor Joins White House Effort to Bolster School Counseling and College Advising.
- In October, Dean William Latimer, professor and founding dean of the Lehman College School of Health Sciences, Human Services and Nursing, delivered a compelling and significant speech at the United Nations. Dean William Latimer Delivers Lecture on Maternal Health Crisis in Tanzania at the United Nations.