- Editors of the student-run literary magazine, Obscura, will hold a special launch party to celebrate the release of a seventh volume on Wednesday, May 4, at 2:30 p.m. in the Lehman College Art Gallery. Students and alumni will read excerpts from the latest issue, which explores themes of identity, betrayal, love, and faith. Obscura Literary Magazine to Launch Seventh Volume, May 4.
- The Lehman College and Community Chorus will present its annual Spring Concert on Sunday, May 1, at 2:30 p.m. in the Lehman Concert Hall. Complimentary tickets are available at the Box Office and can also be obtained after 1 p.m. on the day of the performance. Lehman College and Community Chorus to Present Spring Concert May 1.
- Lila Rose and Anil Oza from the High School of American Studies at Lehman College, won this year's Bronx SciFest. Two Students from the High School of American Studies at Lehman College Claim SciFest Crown.
- The paint is dry, the artwork has been hung, and the furniture has been lovingly cleaned and upholstered in the newly opened Lactation Suite, located in Carman Hall, Rm. 187. Staff members in the Division of Student Affairs and the Division of Administration held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the official opening of the new facility designed to meet the needs of nursing moms on campus. A New Suite for Nursing Moms Opens at Lehman.
- Dr. Anny Morrobel-Sosa, Provost of Lehman College, will address the issues of STEM education and women as part of an United States-Egypt Higher Education Initiative. Provost Anny Morrobel-Sosa Visits Egypt as Part of Higher Education Initiative.
- Professor Victoria Sanford has been awarded her third J. William Fulbright Scholarship and is awaiting the publication of two new books this year. Prof. Sanford Wins Third Fulbright Scholarship and Will Publish Two Books in 2016.
- Lehman alumnus Rafael Almanzar ('09), now an academic advisor at Texas A&M, has received a 2016 National Academic Advising Association award. Lehman Alumnus at Texas A&M Wins Award as Outstanding Academic Advisor.
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon delivered the 47th Annual Herbert H. Lehman Memorial Lecture on Thursday, March 17, at the Lovinger Theatre. United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon Delivers 2016 Lehman Lecture.
- Dr. LeRonn Brooks, a Lehman adjunct assistant professor, has curated a powerful new art exhibit, Bronx: Africa, at the Longwood Gallery at Hostos Community College. Bronx: Africa: An Artistic Journey into the Borough’s African Connection.
- Lehman College has been named a Military Friendly School and a Top 100 Military Spouse Friendly School for 2016 by the Victory Media Company for its strong commitment to serving the veteran population. Institutions that receive the designations are highly regarded for their campus support services, graduation and employment outcomes, and military spouse policies. We Are Military Friendly.
- Two Lehman alumni were presented with the prestigious Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Teaching Science and Mathematics. Lehman Graduates Receive Sloan Awards for Excellence in Science and Math Teaching.
- Nestor Montilla, Sr., the Lehman College Director of Government Relations and Community Development, was honored with the Louis Niñe Award. Nestor Montilla, Lehman’s Director of Governmental Relations, is Honored with the Luis Niñe Award.