- Lehman College has won the finals of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s college fed challenge. Lehman Economic and Business Students Win Federal Reserve Bank of New York Competition.
- Lehman College's Joseph Rachlin has been honored for a lifetime of cleaning up New York City rivers. Lehman Marine Research Director Receives Award for Lifetime Dedication to Urban Waterways.
- Lehman Languages and Literature Department Professor Gerardo Piña-Rosales recently received one of the Chilean governments most prestigious awards: The Order of Gabriela Mistral, the Orden al Mérito Docente y Cultural. (Teaching and the Order of Cultural Merit) Piña-Rosales, the president of the North American Academy of the Spanish Language and a Lehman professor since 1981, [...] Languages and Literatures Professor Presented Prestigious Award from Chilean Council for Culture and Arts.
- A new study co-authored by two Lehman College Health Sciences professors reveals that the majority of Citi Bike riders in Manhattan are failing to wear helmets, possibly leaving themselves open to greater risk of head injuries. Riders were almost four times more likely not to wear a helmet on rental bikes than non-rentals, and women [...] Lehman Health Sciences Professors Publish Study About Technology Related Distracted Bicycling and Helmet Use Among Manhattan Cyclists.
- The migrant and refugee crisis in Europe has been gaining momentum for several years but most of the world began taking notice after a series of tragic events made it impossible to ignore. Perhaps most notable were the photographs of a three-year-old toddler who had drowned off the coast of Greece while escaping war-torn Syria with his family. Lehman Anthropologists Witness Historic European Refugee Crisis.
- The 2015 Lehman College Hackathon will be held on October 16 and 17. CUNY Students to Compete in Lehman’s 24-Hour Hackathon.
- Rivera and Necula were recently honored for their work with the Goal Buster Award for going above the targeted goal and the Chairperson’s Trophy Award for achieving the highest increase in percentage participation from CUNY—both awards were a first for Lehman. CUNY Campaign for Voluntary Charitable Giving Now Underway, Lehman Organizers Recognized.
- Shanik Vazquez is one of three Lehman students studying at Sugiyama Jogakuen University in Japan this semester Three Lehman Students Studying in Japan on Scholarships.
- Professor Harcourt-Smith published a follow-up paper on the new human species Homo Naledi which suggests the species walked upright and also climbed. New Human Species Walked Like a Man According to Lehman Professor.
- Lehman professor Matthew O'Dowd is the new host of the PBS Digital series Space Time. Lehman Professor Takes Off as New Host of PBS Digital Astronomy Series.
- Lehman College’s SEEK program is among the top 5 finalists for the prestigious ¡Excelencia! in Education’s 2015 Examples of Excelencia Award. Lehman’s SEEK Program Nominated for Prestigious Award.
- Professor Miguel Perez was recently inducted into the National Association of Hispanic Journalists Hall of Fame. Lehman Professor Miguel Perez Inducted into the National Association of Hispanic Journalists’ Hall of Fame.