News and Events
The 2015 Application for the CUNY Becas Scholarship Program is Now Available
- Thursday, February 5th, 2015 at 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM, LULAC Queens Council 23047 ( 41-12 102nd Street, 2nd Floor, Corona, NY 11368)
- Friday, February 6th, 2015 at 9:30 PM to 12:30 PM, The Murphy Institute, Room 18A & B, 18th Floor ( 25 West 43rd Street, NY, NY 10036)
- Friday, February 6th, 2015 at 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Mexican Coalition ( 389 East 150th Street, Bronx, NY 10455)
- Saturday, February 7th, 2015 at 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM, Riverfront Library, Yonkers Public Library, Room 2B ( 1 Larkin Center, Yonkers, NY 10701)
- Sunday, February 8th, 2015 at 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Make the Road New York, ( 92-10 Roosevelt Ave. Jackson Heights, NY 11372)
- Monday, February 9th, 2015 at 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM, LaGuardia Community College, Room C-461 ( 31-10 Thomson Ave. Long Island City, NY 11101)
- Thursday, February 12th, 2015 at 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, YA-YA Network (224 West 29th Street, New York, NY 10001) 14th Floor
- Friday, February 13th, 2015 at 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Saint Joseph Church Youth Center ( 1080 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, NY)
- Sunday, February 15th, 2015 at 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM, H.A.N.D.S Community Center ( 230 Alexander Ave, Bronx, NY 10454)
- Monday February 16th, 2015 at 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Consulate General of Mexico in New York ( 27 East 39th Street, New York, NY 10016)
- Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 at 1:40 PM to 2:40 PM, John Jay College, Room NB- 1.99 ( 24 West 59 street, New York, NY 10019)
- Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 at 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM, Masa, Immaculate Conception Church ( 389 East 150th Street, Bronx, NY 10455)
- Saturday, February 21st, 2015 at 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, YA-YA Network (224 West 29th Street, New York, NY 10001) 14th Floor
Drop-in Assistance at the Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute
Located at Lehman College, Carman Hall, Room 241 ( 250 Bedford Park Blvd. West Bronx, NY).
Drop-in Assistance Schedule
* Hours are subject to change
Bring in your application materials and receive advice from current scholarship winners.
Photographic dialogues between generations and cultures
Curated by Susana Arellano and Rafael Gamo
Opening: February 20, 2015 - 6-9 pm
Exhibition: February 21- 28, 2015 - 1-6pm
601 West 26th Street, #1755
New York, NY 10001
(Between 11 and 12 Ave)
Here There, Acá Allá was possible through a collaborative effort between Mano a Mano: Mexican Culture Without Borders and Masa, with the goal of making art accessible to children in the South Bronx.
Here There, Acá Allá is an intergenerational photography workshop that brings together the first and second generations of participating Mexican-American immigrant families. The title refers to the dual experience of growing up and living between two cultures, using two languages and developing an enriched identity.
Light refreshments will be served.
This exhibition is free and open to the public. RSVP highly encouraged.
For sponsorship opportunities please write to email@example.com
Interested in taking courses on Mexican Studies? Take a look at the classes being offered around CUNY