- As traditional Chinese medicines continue to grow in importance outside of China, so does the need for a thorough understanding of how it is used and how it works. Prof. Edward Kennelly Traveling to Hong Kong on Fulbright to Research Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- New “Reverse Transfer System” is the First of its kind in New York City and state. CUNY in the Bronx Make History With New Pact.
- New York City may be known as the city that never sleeps, but it’s also the city that likes to eat. New in Books: Urban Appetites, Food and Culture in Nineteenth-Century New York.
- For the 24th year, I had the distinct privilege of presiding over Lehman College’s annual Commencement ceremony. It is always a very special day, and the morning of May 29, with clear skies and a radiant sun, matched the glow from the faces of the graduates and their family members. It was one of the [...] Letter from the President: Celebrating the Class of 2014 and the Launch of the Bronx Business Bridge.
- Professor Sandra Levey of Speech-Language-and Hearing Sciences has been appointed as a member of the Multilingual Affairs Committee of the International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics (IALP). The Association represents professionals and scientists who work in the field of communication sciences and with individuals experiencing voice, speech, language, hearing, and swallowing difficulties. Prof. Levey was [...] Prof. Sandra Levey Appointed Member of Multilingual Affairs Committee.
- Dr. Andrei Jitianu, a professor in Lehman College’s Chemistry department, was awarded a $605,000 3-year grant from the National Science Foundation last month. Dr. Jitianu, along with his colleague Dr. Lisa C. Klein from Rutgers University and Dr. Mario Aparicio at Instituto de Cerámica y Vidrio, wrote the proposal. Professor Andrei Jitianu Awarded National Science Foundation Grant to Study Corrosion Protection.
- Under a brilliant blue sky and thousands of joyful smiles, Lehman College conducted its 46th annual Commencement exercises on Thursday, May 29. NYC Public Advocate Letitia James to the Class of 2014: “Your Degree Requires That You Set Your Own Course”.
- “Dr. Sen will advance the School’s already strong tradition of engaging in cutting-edge research as we prepare students for work on some of the key scientific, environmental and sociological challenges of our time,” said Dr. Anny Morrobel-Sosa, Provost of Lehman College. “He leads a faculty that is dedicated to contributing to the understanding and knowledge of the world around us.” Noted Earth Scientist Dr. Gautam Sen Named Dean of the School of Natural and Social Sciences.
- “She is definitely one of our stars,” says Dr. Gary Schwartz, director of the Macaulay Honors College at Lehman and the Lehman Scholars Program. “Zarin is an exceptional combination of intellect, tact, sensitivity, insight, and leadership.” Senior Zarin Tasnim Wins Prestigious Fulbright Scholarship to Teach in Korea.