- Mayor Bill de Blasio visited Lehman College's Nursing Simulation Lab and announced an overhaul of workforce development programs. Mayor de Blasio Visits Lehman’s Nursing Lab.
- A new study by Distinguished Professor Laird W. Bergad concludes that if several trends continue, the Dominican population will soon surpass the population of Puerto Ricans living in New York City. Dominicans Set to Become NYC’s Biggest Latino Community According to New Study.
- The Bronx Institute at Lehman College was awarded two grants: one from the New York Life Foundation and another from the Jonathan Levin Fund at the Time Warner Foundation. Bronx Institute Awarded Two New Grants for ENLACE.
- Professor Gerardo Piña-Rosales (Dept. of Languages and Literature) was invited to the presentation of the 23nd edition of the Dictionary of the Spanish Language at the Royal Spanish Academy in Madrid, Spain, where he met the King Felipe VI of Spain. Prof. Piña-Rosales Presents New Spanish Dictionary to the King of Spain.
- According to a new national ranking Lehman College was selected as the No. 12 Lehman Named the No. 12 Most Attractive Yet Affordable Campus in the Nation.
- After being named Coach of the Year, Casey Melilli has been elevated to the position of Head Coach for the women's soccer program. Melilli Named Head Coach.
- Sophomore John Pollina won the 2014 CUNY Athletic Conference Men's Cross Country Championship 8K race, held at Van Cortlandt Park. Senior Thamare Rejouis earned CUNYAC All-Star status, finishing in 15th place overall in the Women's Championship. John Pollina Wins 2014 CUNYAC Cross Country Championship.
- With its focus on graduate education programs, the fair’s scheduled workshops will include an edTPA/certification information session; a special education/TESOL/bilingual panel discussion; an employment session with the New York City Department of Education; an Education Leadership/Counseling panel discussion; and a mathematics and science education panel discussion. CUNY Graduate Education Fair at Lehman College Nov. 11.
- A peace garden grows at Lehman College thanks to the Sigma Phi Rho fraternity. Giving Peace A Chance.
- Thanks to a partnership between Intel, Lehman College and the Department of Education, three South Bronx students from High School/Middle School 223, designed their own robots that used a 3D printer to bring their creations to life. The pilot program with Lehman, Students and Robots, is part of Intel’s 21st Century Robot Project, which seeks to [...] Bronx Students Design Their Own Robots—Thanks to Intel and Lehman College.
- Alcántara works at the White House as the associate director of Intergovernmental Affairs where he liaises with local officials across the country. He started there in 2012 as an intern. Elías Alcántara (’08) Makes ’40 Under 40: Latinos in American Politics’ List.
- Cafeteria head chef Hector Morales had two problems: the first was that a very close friend of his was dying and the second was that soon he would have to find a home for the brand new wheelchair mobility scooter that his friend would soon leave behind. Student Receives Unexpected Gift from Lehman’s Head Chef.