Lehman College is conducting a transparent and inclusive evaluation process that will examine all academic and administrative programs and services, focusing on their efficiency, effectiveness, and centrality to the College’s mission, within the framework of shared governance. The prioritization process is the continuing implementation of our Strategic Plan: Achieving the Vision. The goals are:
- Determine the strategic allocation of existing resources.
- Identify opportunities for generating new resources, based on how our programs and services contribute to student success and to Lehman’s identity.
Economic projections suggest that state government support for higher education is not likely to increase significantly in the foreseeable future. Consequently, a significant portion of the resources needed for new programs and to strengthen and/or expand existing programs will have to come from a reallocation of existing resources. The exploration of new strategies to move Lehman College beyond a sustainable academic and financial model into one that is stronger and innovative is essential to the College’s future. This website is designed to provide the campus community with information on the program prioritization as we undertake this yearlong process.
- Convocation Address, President Ricardo R. Fernández, September 2013
- Advancing the Vision PDF Icon , Memo to Campus Community, February 2014
- Steering Committee Prioritization Memo PDF Icon , May 2014
- Update on the Process of Prioritization of Academics and Administrative Programs, Memo to Campus Community PDF Icon , February 2015
- Prioritization Update, President Ricardo R. Fernandez Prioritization Update from President Fernandez , May 2015