In the mid 20th
Century, the Women’s Dormitory underwent another face-lift. In 1950, the kitchen was modernized. In the summer of 1953 fire escapes were installed, the 10 dormers
were removed, and a new slate roof was added. Students on each of the women’s floors decorated over what was the atrium at Christmas time and had contests to determine the best decorated floor.