URBAN EDUCATION SEMINAR - PHILADELPHIA
Open to All Education Majors
A Two Week Experience
- Gain practical hands on experience in inner-city classroom with communities whose culture and race may be different from your own.
- Participate in a community activity project.
- Work on volunteer community projects.
- Attend professional development seminars.
- Promote networking and support among education astudents from several universities.
- Interact in learning forums with pre-service teachers who have a focus on urban eduction.
- Visit historical and cultural areas.
- Have Fun! Learn and Grow!
* Completed application with Administrative Fee
* Attendance at the Departure Meeting in May
- Daily log
- Summary Reaction Paper
- Participation in:
- small group learning forums,
- professional development workshops,
- classroom teaching,
- community service project,
- cultural and historical site field trips.
Once in a Lifetime . . .
The Urban Education Seminar in Philadelphia provides future educators with priceless teaching experience. Observing and understanding Philadelphia's teacher/community relationships is a large part of the Urban Seminar. As a participant, you will work side-by-side with teachers, students, parents and community members.
- Students will pay for 1 credit tuition
- Lodging costs at LaSalle University - TBA
- Administrative fee - TBA
For more information contact:
Dr. Jannis V. Floyd
Mansfield University Coordinator
208 D Retan Center