To promote education about women and awareness of women’s issues and concerns to all members of the campus community.
- To orient new faculty /staff/students to existing resources and programs of interest to women.
- To work with human resources, continuing education, and other appropriate offices and groups to promote learning about women and women’s issues.
- To work with cabinet officials and other appropriate offices and groups to promote activities that broaden consciousness of women’s potential and capabilities.
- To continue integration of the study of women and women’s issues into existing and new courses.
- To advocate for the Women’s Center's resources and programming.
To provide support and direction to all college constituencies in matter of women’s issues.
- To support the Women’s Center and Advocacy Program for women who have experienced or are experiencing problems related to gender, such as discrimination, acquaintance rape, or sexual or intellectual harassment.
- To support initiatives related to women.
- To research and provide direction in dealing with gender issues in developing and upholding university policy using information gathering and assessment when appropriate.
To monitor and assist in the development and implementation of goals for women as stated by the University.
- To review, support, and participate in the development of the Social Equity Plan.
- To encourage the promotion and visibility of women in campus governance and management.
Printable copy of the goals statement (.pdf)
Dr. Gretchen Sechrist, Chair
Ms. Courtney Hull, Vice-Chair
Dr. Jennifer Demchak, Secretary
Ms. Jessica Trump, Webmaster
Ms. Lindy Hampsher, Treasurer