Northeastern University

Page Content

School of Pharmacy | Northeastern University

School of Pharmacy History

1927

The Meriano School of Pharmacy is founded by Constantine Meriano, and was located at 255 Huntington Avenue, Boston, through 1943.

1940

The Meriano School of Pharmacy is incorporated under the name the Boston School of Pharmacy as a nonprofit educational institution.

1946

The Boston School of Pharmacy reopens, after being closed during World War II from 1943 to 1946, at the corner of Pickney and Anderson Streets on Beacon Hill.

1949

The Boston School of Pharmacy reopens, after being closed during World War II from 1943 to 1946, at the corner of Pickney and Anderson Streets on Beacon Hill.

1960

New England College of Pharmacy offers the Masters of Science degree.

1962

The New England College of Pharmacy merges with Northeastern University to become the Northeastern University College of Pharmacy. The BS in Pharmacy is extended from four to five years to meet new accreditation standards and incorporate the cooperative education (co-op) system into the curriculum. This is the first pharmacy program in the nation to be conducted using the cooperative model education.

1962

LeRoy C. Keagle, President of the New England College of Pharmacy, becomes the first Dean of the Northeastern University College of Pharmacy.

1966

The Northeastern University College of Pharmacy expands its graduate degree program.

1975

Albert H. Soloway is named Dean of the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions.

1978

Gerald E. Schumacher is named Dean of the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions.

1988

James J. Gozzo is appointed Interim Dean of the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions.

1992

The Boston Bouvé College of Human Development Professions merges with the College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions to form Bouvé College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.

James J. Gozzo is appointed first Dean of the newly formed college.

1997

Entry level Doctor of Pharmacy program begins.

1998

Patrick F. Plunkett is named Interim Dean of Bouvé College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.

1999

The Bouvé College of Health Sciences is formed to become the home of the Northeastern University School of Pharmacy, School of Nursing and the School of Health Professions.

1999

Judith Barr is appointed Interim Dean of the School of Pharmacy.

2001

Daniel C. Robinson appointed Dean of the School of Pharmacy.

2002

The George D. Behrakis Health Sciences Center becomes the new home of the Bouvé College of Health Sciences.

2006

John R. Reynolds is appointed Dean of the School of Pharmacy.

2012

The School of Pharmacy moves to its new location at 140 The Fenway and celebrates its 85th Anniversary, with 50 years at Northeastern University.

A Photographic History of 1927-1959

A Photographic History of the 1960s

A Photographic History of the 1970s

A Photographic History of the 1980s

A Photographic History of the 1990s

A Photographic History of 2000 – 2012

Text Only Options

Top of page


Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.