Full payment of tuition, residence hall fees and other related charges are due prior to the start of the term as specified on the original bill. A past due balance may result in prevention of registration or grade release. Payments will be accepted for billable charges only. The university is not able to process payments for more than the balance due on the student’s account.
Northeastern University offers International Payment Transfer of Funds through Western Union Business Solutions. This provides international students an alternative method for paying student bills. This payment option allows you to pay your student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically through your bank. Advantages of using this payment method include:
- You can easily obtain a foreign currency quote by accessing myNEU/NUPay through the Northeastern University website.
- You can pay your tuition and fees in the currency of your choice which will then be converted to U.S. Dollars.
- There are NO additional transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or Northeastern University, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after the transaction is initiated, taking the uncertainty out of the total payment amount.
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to most banks’ retail rates.
- Payments received will include your reference information, which ensures that your payment reaches your student account quickly.
- Payments will be electronically transmitted to Northeastern University ensuring timely posting, typically two to five business days from the time you initiate the payment.
To initiate your payment quote online simply log on to your myNEU and select the NUPAY link.
Funds wired directly to the University’s bank: Bank of America, USA, 100 Federal Street, Boston, MA 02110, USA. Account # 9429409686 ABA#026009593. Reference: Northeastern University, Student’s Name and Student Account Number (NUID #). If needed the SWIFT# is BOFAUS3N. Please verify with your bank if they assess wire processing fees and adjust your wire payment accordingly. The University cannot accept wire transfers that are greater than the amount due on the student account.
If you have an external scholarship please notify your financial aid counselor. Deduct the amount of the scholarship from your balance due and make payment accordingly. If you have a scholarship payment, please forward it to the address below. If the external organization requires a billing or other verification from the university, please send a copy of the organization’s request to the address below.
ATTN: General Scholarship, 354 Richards Hall
360 Huntington Ave
Boston, MA 02115-5000
In those situations where the tuition is paid directly to the university by a third party, the student must provide the Office of Student Accounts with a purchase order or a written statement of intent to pay by the third party no later than the end of the first week of classes. If there are stipulations associated with the payment agreement, such as a minimum grade level, then the student must either pay the university directly or enroll in one of the payment options. Mail or in-person: Student Account Operations, 354 Richards Hall, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 or Fax: 617.373.7607.
Many companies, embassies and agencies directly reimburse students for their educational expenses upon successful completion of courses. In these situations, the student is responsible for paying the bill at the beginning of the term or selecting another payment option. Tuition may not be left unpaid pending reimbursement by a third party.